Priorities for Glaucoma research
At a workshop held on 19 April 2013 attended by patients and eye health professionals the following top 10 priorities for glaucoma research were identified:
- What are the most effective treatments for glaucoma and how can treatments be improved?
- How can loss of vision be restored for people with glaucoma?
- How can glaucoma be stopped from progressing?
- What can be done to improve early diagnosis of sight-threatening glaucoma?
- What causes glaucoma?
- What is the most effective way of monitoring the progression of glaucoma?
- How can glaucoma patients with a higher risk to progress rapidly be detected?
- Why is glaucoma more aggressive in people of certain ethnic groups, such as those of West African origin?
- How can glaucoma be prevented?
- Is there a link between treatment adherence and glaucoma progression and how can adherence be improved?